VHCC的联邦勤工俭学项目, 你可以赚钱, 提高你的就业技能, 并获得宝贵的工作经验!
A wide range of work-study opportunities are open to income-eligible VHCC students. 大部分工作都在VHCC的校园里, but a few community service opportunities are available at off-campus locations.
- 灵活性:勤工俭学学生ork no more than 12 hours per week in the fall and spring semesters, and 工作时间安排在上课前后.
- Impact: Many students find work-study jobs related to their academic program or career interests, 在申请相关领域的工作时，是什么让他们更有优势呢. 有些学生利用勤工俭学的工作为社区服务.
为了让你有资格参加联邦勤工俭学计划, you must be a current student enrolled in at least 6 financial aid eligible credits during the Fall and Spring semesters (12 credits total during the academic year). 联邦勤工俭学的资格取决于你的经济需要, 根据你的FAFSA申请, 并达到令人满意的学业进展标准(SAP).
- Submit all requested documentation listed on your myVHCC To Do List in your Student Center
Students who are eligible for the Federal Work-Study Program will receive a message in their Student Center after they have been awarded. 该消息将包含到联邦勤工俭学申请的链接. All financial aid requirements must be completed before an award can be placed on a student’s account.
The number of students awarded Federal Work-Study depends on availability of funds and number of eligible work-study applicants.
Work-study placements are approved by the 金融援助 Office on a first-come, first-served basis according to when the campus 金融援助 Work-Study Advisor receives completed employment packets.
Most placements for the Fall semester are done in July, August and early September. 春季学期新的勤工俭学奖学金将于1月份颁发. Funding for the Summer session is based on the student’s eligibility for the upcoming financial aid year.
1. Submit the online Work-Study application for determination of eligibility.
2. 财务援助会联系你当前的招聘职位. Once you select a job, you will be referred to your potential supervisor for an interview. 如果你和主管都认为这个职位适合你们, the supervisor will reach back out to financial aid to get you started on the next steps.
3. You will receive an email from 金融援助 with a list of things to complete before you start working. 这包括弗吉尼亚州立大学申请, 你的新员工培训, 带什么文件来啊, 以及其他关于完成招聘流程的信息.
4. 在雇佣, you will receive information from 金融援助 regarding responsibilities, 关于如何填写时间表的说明, 还有你的工资表.
5. 财政援助官员会给你一份安置表. This must be returned to the 金融援助 Office before you are officially hired. Work done before submitting a signed Placement Form to the 金融援助 Office will not be paid by Federal Work-Study funds.
- Your new Federal Work-Study (FWS) supervisor will contact you about developing your work schedule, 并讨论何时何地报到工作.
- You will be expected to work the entire semester or term, and preferably a full year.
- 你的勤工俭学奖励金额, 你的时薪, and the number of weeks remaining in a semester determines the length of your FWS placement and the number of hours you will work each week.
- All work must occur on VHCC premises or at official off-campus sites designated 以书面形式 by the Campus 金融援助 Office.
Your performance as a student employee can earn you positive references when you seek employment later.
- 你代表的是VHCC. 使用适当的行为和语言.
- If you finish tasks designated by your supervisor during your scheduled hours, 你可以用剩下的时间来学习或做作业.
FWS的工作通常在每学年结束时终止, 然而, a student employee must carry out the following procedure if he/she wishes to cease working: two weeks before quitting, talk to the 金融援助 Office and your supervisor about your intention to stop work. 辞职前, you must submit a completed Release Form with your supervisor's signature to the 金融援助 Office. This is absolutely necessary because a work assignment is part of your total financial aid package.
If you are terminated, the reason for dismissal must be made clear to you by the supervisor. 必须通知财务援助官员, 以书面形式, 释放勤工俭学学生的意图和原因. A Release Form must be completed by the supervisor and returned to the 金融援助 Office.
- A student's job is an employment opportunity which will give valuable work experience. 有时这份工作与学生的专业直接相关, 有时不, 但在所有情况下, 在工作环境中获得经验的是就业. The supervisor is a potential reference when seeking employment after leaving VHCC.
- You are required to notify the 金融援助 Office of any name or address change. Name changes cannot officially be made without a copy of a new social security card.
- 在工作中合理利用时间，避免社交是很重要的. 这包括像脸谱网这样的社交网络, 推特, Instagram, 个人电子邮件和其他个人使用的电脑. 滥用将成为立即解雇的理由. 如果你的主管没有让你做任何事情, 你需要学习或完成课程作业.
- 按时、有规律地报到工作. If you are going to be absent because of illness or any "justifiable reason", you must call the supervisor personally as early in the working day as possible. Permission to be absent for other reasons should be requested, not expected.
- A student employee must act in a professional manner concerning confidentiality of college and student records and confidentiality of information which comes to the student by virtue of his/her work. Breaches of such confidentiality and any act of dishonesty are just cause for immediate dismissal from the Federal 勤工俭学计划.
- Federal Work Study students are expected to dress neatly and appropriately for the department in which they work. Each student should check with their immediate supervisor to determine the departmental dress requirements.
- 登录VCCS HR:人力资源系统
- Navigate to Self Service>Time Reporting>Report Time>Timesheet
- 时间表将出现-转到View By并选择“Time Period”
If you do not have your time submitted by Thursday at 5 pm or you have an error on your timesheet, 你的薪水至少会延迟两周.
- "30 minute” break mandatory if working more than six and a half straight hours